Re: OOoLilyPond 0.3 released

From: Samuel Hartmann
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond 0.3 released
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:33:05 +0200

Hi Jan,

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Samuel Hartmann <address@hidden> writes:

The new release of OOoLilyPond can be downloaded now
(http://ooolilypond.sourceforge.net).

This is really cool, thanks!  Is there any way of automating the
installation?  If so, we should consider shipping this with the
lilypond binary installers.

Having an automated installer would be very nice. If the installation is easy enough, OOoLilyPond could also be a good solution for lots of people with less computer skills. I also think of people that are now using commercial music notation software like Finale. I haven't heard of a Finale plugin for word. The way music snippets from Finale including in text documents is to save it as eps and include it into Word or OOo. Using OOoLilyPond is much faster and creating small music snippets using the lilypond language is not that hard then creating complex sheet music.

I already thought about an automatic Installer and I know that there is one or even several ways to do it. It is on my to do list. So it can be expected in future versions.

Regards,

Samuel