Trying to set next-padding to 0

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Trying to set next-padding to 0
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:20:35 -0500

Below is my attempt at setting the next-padding value to 0 in a score so
that the individual measure lines are moving closer to each other. With
the annotate-spacing set to true I don't see next-padding changing to
zero.

What is the proper way to set next-padding?

Stephen

\score {
<<
    \overrideProperty #"Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
    #'line-break-system-details
    #'((next-padding . 0))

        \chords { \global \harmonies }
        \new Voice { << \global \voices >> }
        \lyricsto "People" \new Lyrics \firstVerse
        \lyricsto "People" \new Lyrics \secondVerse
        \lyricsto "People" \new Lyrics \thirdVerse
        \lyricsto "Chorus" \new Lyrics \chorusVerse

}

Full lilypond project attached.

Stephen