installing emacs lilypond-mode

From: Paul Scott
Subject: installing emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:45:22 -0700

I have installed LilyPond on another machine and haven't figured out how to get lilypond-mode for emacs going.

The manual (2.9) says do a "make install" from the source archive. Does this mean that I have to get the source tarball? It's been quite a while since I've had to do this and I don't remember needing the source to set up lilypond-mode.

TIA,

Paul Scott