Re: Scheme question

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Scheme question
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:17:09 +0200

Rick Hansen (aka RickH) schreef:
I would like to "dynamically generate" values for the following 3 hard-coded
properties based on a rule, and the current default paper size, but I dont
know scheme:

        paper-height = 11.0\in
        paper-width = 8.5\in
        line-width = 7.7\in

So basically how would I code the above hard coded values to be math
expressions based on the following rule:

I always want my left and right margins to be .4 inches.

So the formula for line with would be (default paper width - .8)

The formula for paper-height and paper-width would be whatever the default
paper currently is, but I dont know how to set it from those values.

this is possible in CVS by doing

\paper {
  right-margin = #(* 5 cm)
  left-margin = #(*  5 cm)