some piano stuff

From: Jan Janovcik
Subject: some piano stuff
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 01:00:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I'm currently typesetting a piece from Ravel in which the following model
repeats several times.

\include "deutsch.ly"
\new PianoStaff {
  <<
  \context Staff = "RH" {
   \clef treble
   \key c \minor
   \relative c' {
    %\override PianoStaff.TupletNumber #'transparent = ##t
    \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
    \change Staff = LH
    \times 8/10 { g32 as h d \change Staff = RH g a h d g~ g,~} <g g'>2.
  \context Staff = "LH" {
   \key c \minor
   \relative c' {
    \clef treble
    << { s4 <h d as'>2. } \\ { g1-> } >>

1. What's the problem with the tuplet number? I'm getting a programming error
( "Spanner `Tie' is not fully contained in parent spanner `TieColumn' ") and
the tuplet number (10 in this case) is way down bellow the lower staff. Is it
because of the staff switching?

2. I would like to have the collision resolution shift the g whole note (LH,
voice two currently) to the left and those quick notes going from left hand to
the right to the right. I suppose it should have something to do with shiftOn
and shiftOff but I haven't managed to do it... :-(

3. The curly brace at the start of the piano staff is shifted upwards - is it a
bug or am I doing somthing wrong?

Thank in advance for any help or suggestions.

Jan Janovcik

P.S. I'm using 2.8.7 on Windows XP