Re: Reducing the length of a broken beam/beamlet/beam fragment?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Reducing the length of a broken beam/beamlet/beam fragment?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:13:09 +0200

Marcus Macauley schreef:
The partial beams that you get with, e.g., a dotted rhythm: Is it possible to reduce the length of such beamlets?

I think Lilypond's default minimum length is a bit too long, especially for tightly-spaced music, but I haven't been able to find a way to change it.

I'm too busy to fix this, but you could add a property.

See beam.cc, where it says

                      Real notehead_width =
                        Stem::duration_log (segs[j].stem_) == 1
                        ? 1.98