Re: Bravo and extra stanzas question

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: Re: Bravo and extra stanzas question
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:05:46 -0400

Geoff Horton wrote:

As Simon said, 2.4 is obsolete (very) and I strongly suspect the
suggestions I'm about to give won't work. I would update if at all
possible. Then, in addition to what's in the manual, you can try what
I show here: http://www.geoffhorton.com/lilypond.html#moreverses for
more complicated situations. (Graham, would you object if I take a
shot at revising that section of the manual to incorporate a little
more complexity?)

Geoff

Thanks to Simon and you; I'll try the \markup later today.
Yes, I'm setting aside some time to upgrade. I haven't done so yet cause
well, 2.4 was the only version I could get to work on this particular
platform I'm using and even then it took a lot of effort. My problems
began some time after we upgraded to Centos 4, a variant of Redhat
Enterprise 4. I certainly don't want to blame Centos; I think someone
really screwed up the Tex fonts here or something and time has not
permitted me to track down the problem. I'm thinking of an upgrade
to fedora core 5 with the Planet CCRMA stuff.

Ok, thx for the help and suggestion. Excellent job on the manual by the way -
this is really the only thing I've ever had to ask about.

Cheers,
Mike