Re: OOoLilyPond macro installation and use

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond macro installation and use
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:54:59 -0400

Samuel Hartmann wrote:
Hi Gordon,

Gordon Gilbert wrote:
Hi folks!

I looked at this idea of OOoLilypond, and thought -- what a fabulous idea for how I use Lilypond! So I installed the latest Lily (2.9.23), and installed and followed slavishly the instructions to download and install the macro.

I don't expect OOoLilyPond to work with LilyPond 2.9.23. Use a stable version of LilyPond for which the corresponding templates are available (I recommend the version 2.6 for use with OOoLilyPond) .

But it won't work! It seemed to install just fine, although when I went to bind the macro, I had trouble following the instructions. The biggest thing in that was that you used the word "Append" as part of the menu instructions. After some cogitation, I figured out that the menu button I should try is "Import".
Maybe the the button is called differently in different versions of OpenOffice.org. I'm using OpenOffice.org 2.0.2 that comes with Ubuntu Dapper.

But anyhow. The installation procedure is too complex. The next development step of OOoLilyPond will be to simplify the installation.

So now I had the macro installed, and I opened it, and inserted the lily code. When I clicked Lilypond, it crashed OpenOffice. OOo was kind enough to "recover" my document upon reopening, but now, when I type <Ctrl>-M, I get a dialog with the following cryptic text in it:

A Scripting Framework error occurred while running the Basic script vnd.sun.star.script:OOoLilyPond.Main/main?language=Basic&location=application.

This error appears when OpenOffice.org does not find the macro anymore. Usually it helps to once again assign Ctrl-M to tha macro. It may also be that you have to repeat the complete Installation procedure.

regards,

Samuel

Hi again,

I tried going with 2.8.7, and installed the macro just as instructed, and it still crashed OO. Any ideas?

--

        |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |