Re: parenthesize

From: Marcus Macauley
Subject: Re: parenthesize
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 06:18:48 -0400

Julian Peterson wrote:

I seem to be unable to parenthesize notes using the method explained in the manual. Even this simple example fails:

{c d \parenthesize e f g}

Am I misunderstanding that the output of the above should include a parenthesized e ?

I'm not sure why, but \parenthesize seems to require angle brackets, like this:

{c d <\parenthesize e> f g}

If you had a chord within the angle brackets, the \parenthesize would still apply only to the immediately following note, not to the whold chord, thus:

{c d <\parenthesize e g> f g}
% only the e is parenthesized

Marcus