Re: OOoLilyPond macro installation and use

From: Samuel Hartmann
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond macro installation and use
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:21:35 +0200

Hi Gordon,

Gordon Gilbert wrote:
Further to my last message, I managed to reconstruct the macro, then tried the same thing with one of my .ly files. First, I put in too much, and a dialogue came up with "failed file". Which was interesting, so I tried again (the macro was still good) with just some notes, and it again crashed OO. But I reopened the doc and managed to insert the file that had been created. But that **is* just a bit kludgy -- any ideas from here?

Gordon+

It seems that OOoLilyPond correctly calls lilypond and creates the eps
output. The crash happens later when the image is inserted into
OpenOffice.org. Anyway there must be a bug in OpenOffice.org otherwise
it would not crash. It should display an error message when something
goes wrong during execution of the Basic Macro.

I think I cannot help you. If you want to invest some more time, you can
read the OpenOffice.org help about Macros and Programming. Especially
how to set break points in a program to debug the code. You should look
at the Sub MakeMusic in the Module Main first. This sub routine is
called when you press the LilyPond button. May be you find out which
command causes OpenOffice.org to crash.

regards

Samuel