Re: Analysis brackets & linebreaks

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Analysis brackets & linebreaks
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:46:48 +0200

Rutger schreef:
Dear all,
I'm considering using Lilypond for my musicology thesis, but I am still
learning it and there's one thing I still can't work around, which is the
following:
- I'd like to use analysis brackets to indicate the form of a melody, but
the horizontal brackets created by \startGroup\stopGroup split into two
seperate brackets over a line break, but what I would prefer is one
half-bracket with an open (i.e. horizontal) ending and one half with an open
beginning (¬) at the next line. How can I solve this? I have noticed that
the example with the split ties under the 'difficult tweaks' section in the
manual (9.3.6), together with the edge-height property may offer a solution,
but I haven't been able to get this to work. (Actually, I am still hoping
that there may be a more smooth and elegant solution to my seemingly simple
problem, too...)

This is fixed in 2.9.27.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation