Repositioning \tempo, and one other question

From: OnionRingOfDoom
Subject: Repositioning \tempo, and one other question
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:35:41 -0700 (PDT)

Like the subject says, is there any way to reposition the \tempo mark? I'd
love to be able to move it a bit to the left.

Also, my instrument names seem to not be displayed propperly in my score.
The names are declared as follows:

Soprano = \relative c'' {
        \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Soprano Sax "
        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"s.Sax "
        \global
        \clef treble
        \key c \minor
        % notes
}

Then, the score is set up as so:

\score {
        <<
                \new StaffGroup = "horns" <<
                        \new Staff = "Soprano" \Soprano
                        % more staves...

}

I saw this work in the Jazz Combo example, but it's not working for me for
some reason. Any help is greatly appreciated, as always!