Re: Guitar Tablature problems and Hammer on and Pull Offs

From: Nigel Tao
Subject: Re: Guitar Tablature problems and Hammer on and Pull Offs
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:46:55 +1000

Firstly when I put in some code for tablature and I want an Open E (6th
string) it puts the tab on the 12th fret on the 6th string. It does this
with all of my tab, its seems I cant get it to use open strings or under the
12th fret.

Classical guitar is actually written one octave higher than it sounds
(or vice versa, I forget).  Use the comma to make the actual (as it
sounds) notes one octave lower, to get

e,8\6 e,\6 gis,\6 gis,\6

(for which the \6 actually becomes unnecessary) rather than

e8\6 e\6 gis\6 gis\6

Things will then look right in the tablature.  To compensate for this
in the regular notation, use

\clef "G_8"

rather than the standard treble clef.