Re: slurs at breaks are wrongly influenced by rehearsal marks

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: slurs at breaks are wrongly influenced by rehearsal marks
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

FYI, this bug also happens on volta brackets that continue or start at a new
system.  The beginning of the volta bracket is "pushed" to the right by the
mark.  This is exasperated by the fact that very often it is necessary to
put a "To CODA" mark at the beginning of first endings.  In this very
frequent (pop music) case the volta bracket correctly ignores the coda mark
if it is starting in mid-system but if the coda mark and volta start happen
to occur at the beginning of a new system, the coda is pushing the volta
around so it looks like the alternate ending is beginning in mid-measure.

I've been coding around this by forcing my voltas to never start a system,
as I did not realize it was a bug, so feel free to add this too.

thanks
Rick