Re: Diff. Time Sign. on Parts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Diff. Time Sign. on Parts
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:29:23 +0200

I don't know any perfect solution. If you want to allow line breaks everywhere, then
you can do:
\set Score.barAlways = ##t
\set Score.defaultBarType = ""
but then you don't get any printed bar lines, so you would have to manually
insert a \bar "|" wherever you really want a bar line. For the same reason,
solutions like
\new Staff <<
 \new Voice { ... the real music ...}
 \new Voice \repeat unfold 100 {s4 \bar "" }

won't work.

  /Mats

Mehmet Okonsar wrote:
I did as it says in the manual to get different time signatures on each parts.
OK, fine but as expected line breaks do not occur because barlines do not coincide at the end of a system. So I created "dummy" measures with invisible barlines and time signatures. I synced the measures at the end of each system and I put in manual \breaks..
But this solution is cumbersome and is not portable to different paper sizes.
Anyone has a better solution?
Is there something like "allow mid-measure break"?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology