Re: No Midi w/ crescendo

From: Kamal
Subject: Re: No Midi w/ crescendo
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 11:26:17 +0300

I have also tried several players & all of them are not outputting
sound when there's (de)crescendos.

So I guess this is a bug from lilypond?

On 10/29/06, John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:
Kamal wrote:
> I am using lilypond 2.8.6
>
> If I use the following code snippet:
> a\< b c d\!
>
> then a silent passage will be produced in the midi output although the
> documentation says that unterminated crescendos will produce that.
>
> Can can this be overcome?

As far as I have experienced with midi players (mainly with Timidity),
(de)crescendi mess up MIDI files from LilyPond playing. I don't know if
it's LilyPond or Timidity fault.

As a workaround, I remove any \<, \< and \! when I want MIDI output.

John Mandereau <address@hidden>