Re: The importance of a graphical interface.

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: The importance of a graphical interface.
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:40:50 +0100

Well as far as I know Windows Lilypond users are still missing the
cute TortoiseSVN-like menu icons...

...maybe it could help... :)

But that said, the work that has been done on MacOSX Lilypond.app is
extremely valuable (even icon-wise...). I know there are plans to do
the same with the Windows version, and I find it's indeed a very good
idea.

2006/10/31, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

Erik Sandberg wrote:

> Subversion has a nice solution to this problem, through tortoisesvn, which
> works as a plugin for windows explorer: By right-clicking on a directory, you
> can access a menu through which you can perform all common subversion tasks.
> Would it be useful to create a similar lilypond menu? I.e., when you
> right-click a .ly file, one of the available choices would be 'compile to
> PDF'.

That's the way it works in Windows today, and I guess it's the same on Mac.
The problem appears when people want to use lilypond-book or midi2ly or
any of the other scripts or want to add extra options to the command calls.

   /Mats