Re: Simple substitution for oddFooterMarkup?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Simple substitution for oddFooterMarkup?
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:55:52 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking over 12.1 and 12.4 and I'm still struggling with the
following task:

I want to store

 boldPageNumber = \markup { \fill-line { \bold \fontsize #3
\on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \fromproperty
#'page:page-number-string } }

in a standard include file called standard.ly and then write

 \include "standard.ly"

 \paper {
   oddFooterMarkup = \boldPageNumber
 }

This isn't right, however. The interpreter says

 Parsing...ERROR: Unbound variable: print-page-number-check-first

Can anyone help with the right way to store the longish markup command
in an external file for inclusion later in the paper block?

You probably have to copy the definition of print-page-number-check-first from ly/titling-init.ly into your include file. The reason is probably that it's defined using (define ...) instead of (define-public ...) and that your function definition is outside the "scope" of the definitions in titling-init.ly (I don't know any details
on how this works, though).

  /Mats