Re: Problems with the server?

From: Bonnie Rogers
Subject: Re: Problems with the server?
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 12:13:17 -0500

I have indeed noticed duplicate posts, especially over the last week or two. It isn't usually as many as 5 or 6 dozen messages at a time, but it feels like it, especially when some random number of them turn out to be messages I already read.

Laura Conrad wrote:
"Cameron" == Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> writes:

    Cameron> My lilypond-user mail seems to be coming in rather big
    Cameron> batches maybe a dozen or so messages at once), and now
    Cameron> I'm starting to receive duplicate posts.

You're lucky; I seem to get 5 or 6 dozen messages a couple of times a
week.  I don't notice duplicate posts, but the order the messages come
in is more than usually confusing.  And of course reading that many
messages at a time makes it more likely that I'll miss something I'm
interested in.

    Cameron> I am aware of problems with my email at my ISP, but this
    Cameron> doesn't seem to be the same thing.

As far as I know, I'm not having problems with any other mail.