Ghostscript question

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Ghostscript question
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:03:47 -0800 (PST)

I have a very old version of ghostscript that I use outside my lilypond
work...

I want to upgrade ghostscript on my Windows machine for the work I do in
concatenating lily outputs into books, printing to PDF, etc.

But I am unsure as to what ghostscript to get the GPL or the AFPL?

I just want the latest stable release that I can use outside lily (because I
know lilypond already installs it's own dedicated copy) and should not be
affected.

Should I be installing the GPL or the AFPL ghostscript to have the fewest
compatibility issues?  Which is better?  Which one does lilypond use?

thanks
Rick