Re: invoke abc2ly

From: Auburn Steen
Subject: Re: invoke abc2ly
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:23:42 +0000 (UTC)

Laura Conrad <lconrad <at> laymusic.org> writes:

     abc2ly tune.abc

 This of course assumes that the abc2ly executable is in a directory on
 your path.  And that you know what directory tune.abc is in.  If you
 do, then you can expect tune.ly (the output from abc2ly) to be in the
 same directory.

 There's one option which may be useful -- if you want the lilypond
 output to obey the ABC beaming conventions instead of just using
 lily's ideas of how your time signature should be beamed, you might
 want to say:

     abc2ly -b tune.abc

 Thanks for the command(s). The way I presented my question you answered
it the best way possible. Currently I am using the Windows command prompt.
To be honest I haven't the foggiest where the abc2ly executable is.
I put the whole program in the C drive  c:\lilypond
My guess is the abc2ly (program?) is in  c:\lilypond\usr\bin\abc2ly.py
Thinking simply, because if I have to learn the conversion program
I might as well learn LilyPond & do all my abc conversions by hand.
I am going to go to Barnes & Nobles to see if they have anything for
abc2ly
  My goal is to get an editable image of the manuscript. All I
really need is treble clef, chords, maybe doublestops, occasionally
lyrics. It is all just Irish session. We tend to favor abc
LilyPond is secondary in this situation. The conversion will not
be useful if it is on the developer level.