Re: beam breaking in tuplets

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: beam breaking in tuplets
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:35:58 +0100

On Monday 06 November 2006 09:25, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Victor Eijkhout wrote:
> So, if you want a limited scope, you can explicitly create a short-lived
> context.
> Here's an example that uses smaller note heads for one measure:
>
> \relative c'{ c d e f \new Voice {\tiny g f e d } c d e d c1 }
>
>    /Mats

Mats, do you think it would be useful with an operator \newClone to clone the
current context? E.g.
\new Staff \with {\consists Foo_engraver bar=#'baz}
 { c d \tiny  e f \newClone Staff { g f e d} c d e }
would be equivalent to:
\new Staff \with {\consists Foo_engraver bar=#'baz}
 { c d \tiny e f \new Staff \with {\consists Foo_engraver bar=#'baz} { \tiny g
f e d} c d e }

(I think such operator can come out as a side-effect of some work I'm doing)

--
Erik