Re: parametrized macros

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: parametrized macros
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:49:44 +0100

I hope you have looked in the manual for version 2.9, which is much better
than version 2.8 in this aspect. In particular, look into section "Advanced
tweaks with Scheme" and references therein.

  /Mats

Orm Finnendahl wrote:
Hi,

can someone point me to the documentation of parametrized definitions?
Here's what I want to do:

I need to set time signatures above the score without using horizontal
space. Therefore I removed the time signature engraver and added a
markup at each bar with a changed time signature like this:

s1*0^\markup { \hspace #-2 \column { \line {\hspace#-0.5 \override #'(font-name . "Helvetica Bold") \raise #-0.8 "3" }
                     \line {\hspace#-0.5 \override #'(font-name . "Helvetica Bold")
"4"}}}

Since there are many time signature changes in the piece (nearly every
measure), I'd like to define the above expression as a macro with the
nominator and denominator as parameters.

I looked for quite a while but couldn't find the right place in the
documentation.

Thanks for any help,
Orm

        Mats Bengtsson