Re: Slur usage

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Slur usage
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:21:40 -0800 (PST)

Eduardo Vieira-3 wrote:

> Hello list, is there a musical difference between these two styles of
> slurring?
>
> { e( f() g) } and { e( f g) }
>
> I have seen songs using either style. Which is more proper? Personally I
> prefer
> the latter. But I'm not a musician.
>
> Eduardo

> Com o Click21 você tem sempre vantagens! Além do email com 1 Gb,
> Acelerador, Blog,
> Flog, Games e atendimento 24 horas, voce também pode falar minutos DDD com
> promoção Click 21 Minutos. Quanto mais você navega mais fala DDD.

Example 2.

I could maybe see example 1 used if there were other voices present as well.
But in this case example 1 is redundant because the player cant
re-articulate a second slur at the F anyway, so why use 2 slurs?  The only
way someone can articulate the second slur would be to stop and re-start the
F but then they would not be playing whats written.