Re: PDF file

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: PDF file
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:47:38 +1100

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 03:38:59PM -0800, richik neogi wrote:

>    But isn't LilyPond an engraving sodtware. Where u play ,usic then it
>    makes notes?
>    Richik
Engraving is the process of preparing music for print (see
http://lilypond.org/web/about/automated-engraving/engraving.html for the
background to this term)

Lilypond doesn't play music --- it prepares top quality sheet music for
printing. However, it is able to output basic midi (see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/MIDI-output.html#MIDI-output
 for more info)

I'm presuming you're using Windows. I don't, so I'm not sure if there's Free
software that does what you're after. Somebody else on the list may have some
idea.

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list, because you're not the first
person to ask this question, and you won't be the last! If it's on list, more
people can help you.

Cameron Horsburgh