Re: Chord, variables and comments [beginner]

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Chord, variables and comments [beginner]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:43:08 -0500

The granddaddy, (developed in 1966), of macro processors ML/I is also free
and ported to many platforms.  I'm currently evaluating which one I like
better myself, so far I am leaning towards ML/I because it has nested
if/then/else/end and do/while structures, and it lets you fully define the
syntax and delimiters of your "home-made" macro language.

M4 has all of that but the do-while, and I've had considerable success
with it. Maybe I'll try to whip up a web page on it.

Geoff