Re: Pitch/ octave notation

From: Peter O'Doherty
Subject: Re: Pitch/ octave notation
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:18:11 +0100

Yes, I'm familiar with relative music input. However, in my case it won't work as I'm typesettling music which leaps around an awful lot.

I'm suggesting something more along the lines of \include "english.ly", whereby you can enter fsharp instead of fis. So instead of c', you can enter c4, c5 instead of c''.

By the sound of it, something like this isn't possible. Is this a potential area for future development?