Re: Pitch/ octave notation

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Pitch/ octave notation
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:56:12 +0100

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 16:50, Peter O'Doherty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to indicate pitches in the format c4 instead of c'?
> And if not, does anybody know of any plans to create this possibility?

If you really need this, I'd recommend you to use sed or similar tool as a
preprocessing step for your score. It should be fairly easy to lexically
replace c4 with c', c5 with c'', etc. It will probably be confusing though,
because you'll have to write c48 to indicate an eight note of pitch c', etc,
and you won't be able to benefit from the \relative mode.

--
Erik