Re: Pitch/ octave notation

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Pitch/ octave notation
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:40:37 +0100

"Rick Hansen (aka RickH)" <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to begin compartmentalizing my rather long lilypond templates
> to something beyond numerous \include files to make it easier to
> manage.
>
> I wish there were a lilypond dedicated text editor with plug-ins capability
> for managing large lp projects, but in the absence of that dream I want to
> bite the bullet and learn a pre-processor of some kind.

I don't understand the need of a preprocessor wrt managing large
LilyPond projects. May you elaborate on your needs, maybe there are some
solutions that you have not thought about and that would be better
adapted. Working on large LilyPond projects myself for some years, I
gradually got rid off other programs or scripts. LilyPond itself, a
LilyPond-aware text editor and a version control system are enough.

Also, why using c4 instead of c'? You will be the only person which can
read your code. If you find annoying to type c''', use an editor with
quick note insertion mode and audio feedback. Then typing the notes
won't be a problem anymore.

nicolas