stupid substitution

From: yota moteuchi
Subject: stupid substitution
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 05:46:23 -0500

Could we add to the doc, section 12.1.2 an example of an even easier
substitution function with no argument.

displayBarNum = #(define-music-function (parser location) ()
 #{
   \once \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = ##f
 #})

Since I took me 15 min to understand how to derive it from the
previous example with one argument.

padText = #(define-music-function (parser location padding) (number?)
      #{
        \once \override TextScript #'padding = #$padding
      #})

I hope the syntax is not too bad (the result is correct though)
If I'm wrong or if there is easier way to do this "pure text"
substitution, please correct me

Yota