Re: Beaming strategy

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Beaming strategy
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:37:54 +0100

[Quoting John Mandereau, on November 20 2006, 09:40, in "Re: Beaming strategy"]
> Johan Vromans wrote:
> [...]
> > However (as you can see from my other posting) I'm stull puzzled why
> > this is not default behaviour.
>
> According to the number of scores I've read, beaming eights into
> 4-groups in 4/4 time is an engraving tradition,

That's what I guessed. However, many scores I've worked with had
eights beamed in 2-groups in 4/4 time, which is according to the
metrum.

> that's why LilyPond does the same.

That may be a good reason to do so. Nevertheless I think that the
alternative way of beaming should be easier to obtain than via a
number of scheme statements.

But apparently I stand alone in this.

-- Johan