Re: Page breaker question: obeying explicit \breaks

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Page breaker question: obeying explicit \breaks
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:05:52 +0200

On 11/20/06, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

This is a page breaker question.

This snippet houses explicit page breaks in a dedicated voice; it also
has a tuplet that should break across the line:

This example will not work because the line breaker refuses to break a line in the middle of a note head. I'm pretty sure this isn't new in 2.10 -- it gets discussed on the mailing list every so often. One workaround is to fudge the durations. I realise that this isn't a very good workaround in the sense that it removes the separation between music and presentation. I think there is also a workaround that involves removing some engraver -- the list archives should have the details.

%%% BEGIN (modified) EX 1 %%%

\version "2.10.0"

\layout {
  indent = #0