Re: Manual engraving video

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Manual engraving video
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:51:31 +0100

Arvid Grøtting <address@hidden> writes:

> and of course I dream of etching a LilyPond score into a plate and
> printing it in some kind of gravure printer ;-)

Lilypond produces PostScript (or PDF) which means it has infinite
sharpness. It is the reproduction device that controls how the result
looks. If you use a professional quality printer the result will be
splendid. Maybe you can contact a real printer (not the copy shop at
the end of the street) and ask whether they can produce high qaulity
prints on manually factured sheets of paper.

Of course, if you want to feel the print you need to etch a plate and
use a real press. But I'm sure that there are PostScript driven
etching devices for this purpose.

Or maybe I'm dreaming as well ;-).

-- Johan