Re: Exporting timing information out of lilypond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Exporting timing information out of lilypond
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:00:06 +0100

Thomas Tensi escreveu:
> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to make MPEG-4 notation files from lilypond
> output.  Each key frame is a score sheet (a PNG picture)
> shown for a specific time, but it has to be synchronous with
> the music played (also generated from lilypond).
>
> To achieve that I need a list of play times per sheet and
> the total number of sheets produced automatically.
>
> One idea is to have lilypond put out some MIDI meta event
> into its generated midi file whenever the page is broken.
> When looking at the MIDI generation code, it seems that no
> meta events are written at all, are they?
>
> Another idea is to link into the page breaking via some
> callback and to write a sequential file with the measures at
> page breaks.  Together with the MIDI tempo track this should
> help in finding the absolute time positions.
>
> Is this possible or completely nonsensical?

You have to delve into the output routines, written in Scheme. You can
extract the systems on each page, and the timing (in whole notes from
the start) for the start/end of each system. Those can be written to a file.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com