Re: Multiple sections in ChoirStaff

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Multiple sections in ChoirStaff
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:05:22 -0500

etc.  Then, Part B should follow on from Part A (for example, a verse
and chorus).  I have managed to get the music to be placed correctly,
but I have so far had no success getting the words of Part B appearing
anywhere, let alone with the correct music.  Is there an example
anywhere showing this being done?

\context Lyrics = lyricsname \lyricsto part { \sopWordsPartA \sopWordsPartB }

(I think--I didn't test it.)

Also, can someone please explain
the significance of the "{ s1 }" in the "\new Lyrics" lines?  I cannot
find any reference to this anywhere in the manual.

That's one way I know this isn't my template--I am really not fond of
setting up parts that way. What s1 does is to create 4 beats (i.e., a
whole note) worth of silence, so

\new Lyrics = "sopranos" { s1 }

creates a new context for lyrics with, essentially, nothing in it. The later

\context Lyrics = sopranos etc.

line goes back and fills it in.

Hope that helps.

Geoff