Re: AW: AW: Chord names: Spacing and naming problems

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: AW: AW: Chord names: Spacing and naming problems
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:05:36 +0100

Where did you find out about NoteNames? That has nothing to
do with your situation. The following example shows how to
reduce the spacing above the Staff context so that the chord
names sit just on top of the G clef (which is the highest peak
of the stave). The ChordNames dont' have any extra spacing
below, by default.

\version 2.10
\score{
<<
 \new ChordNames \chordmode { c2 f }
 \new Staff \relative c'{
   \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-4 . 0)
   c4 d f a}

}

If you want the chord names even closer, you have to
explicitly pursuade LilyPond that the Staff context
takes less vertical space than it actually does:
   \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent = #'(-4 . 3)
   \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = ##f

  /Mats

Philip Chinery wrote:

So, if I get it right I should be able to kill the distance with this
command:

\overrideProperty #"NoteNames.VerticalAxisGroup" #'minimum-Y-extent #'(-0 .
0)

But somehow this does not affect anything, am I doing something wrong here?