Re: PDf and Ps outputs

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: PDf and Ps outputs
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:49:14 -0600

On 11/26/06, Cesar Penagos <address@hidden> wrote:

------- Mensaje Remitido -------
De: "Cesar Penagos" <address@hidden>
A: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Asunto: Some Questions
Fecha: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:58:18 -0600

Dear Lilyponders:
I have installed the 2.10 version running under windows XP.
I'm working in a large orchestral score.
I have two questions:

Hi Cesar,

1. I have installed Ghostview and Foxit pdf reader, Lilypond gently output
the 2 formats, The .ps and the .pdf at the same time, taking a long time
to work.
Is there a command to say lilypond to output only pdf's or only ps', and
where I put the command?

Maybe the --ps and --pdf options in section 13.1 "Invoking lilypond"
in the 2.10 users' manual will help.

2. As I tell before, I'm working in an orchestral score. I put this
command in a Score.ly
# (set-global-staff-size 15)at the top  of  the Director score.
But I wan to preserve the size of individual instruments at 22, that
actually take the 15 size. How can I resolve this?. I have had take a look
on the guide, but is not clear to me where I must put the commands to
preserve the proper sizes in each score ( the instruments at 22 and the
full-score at 15)

You can create two different input files. Or you can create one input
file with two different \book blocks and with two different toplevel
global staff size settings.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.10.0"

#(set-global-staff-size 15)
\book {
  \score {
     c'4

#(set-global-staff-size 22)
\book {
  \score {
     c''4

Note that lilypond will write two different output files: foo.pdf and
also foo-1.pdf.

Is this what you're looking for?

thank you in advance.

Enjoy lilypond and good luck getting started!

--
Trevor Bača