Re: Tutorial

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tutorial
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:38:26 +0100

Manuel wrote:

Am 01/12/2006 um 02:02 schrieb Geoff Horton:

I added this and it worked in itself, but now the bar number
engraver, wich I had removed, is back again.

You can have multiple things in the \layout block, like this:

 \layout {
   indent = 0.0\cm
   \context {
     \Score
     \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

Now it worked, thank you. Oddly, I get an error message though everything seems to be fine. Do I ignore it?

Since you don't say what error message you get or include your file in the email,
it's impossible to provide any help here.

I have been looking in the manual but couldn't find how to do these things:

- Get more distance between the title and the first staff.
There's currently some work in the development version 2.11 on the exact
positioning of the title. However, the simplest trick is to add something that
takes space but doesn't show up in print, for example
\header{
 title = "My title"
 arranger = "   "
}

- Increase the distance between one specific staff and the next.
You can try the same kind of trick. However, read the sections on vertical
spacing in the manual (and the section on page formatting).

- Increase the distance between the last staff and the end of the page (my printer keeps cutting off the last staff's first line)
Do you, by chance, print on letter size paper? LilyPond will by default produce
its output for print on A4 size paper. Read in "Paper size" on how to change
this setting. Also, in the printout window on Acrobat, you can mark that you want to scale the output to fit on your available paper, but that should never
be necessary if you tell the correct paper size to LilyPond directly.

  /Mats