Re: SATB vocal score example

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: SATB vocal score example
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:46:41 -0800

Geoff Horton wrote:
\global is not a keyword; it's defined at the top of the example, like this:
In this case, omitting it makes no difference because those are the
default settings for LilyPond anyhow (blank key signature, 4/4 time).
Try changing the definition to
(Graham, should the manual example be changed?)

I'd rather not, simply because all the examples musically make sense in 4/4 time and C major. Also, lilypond users should get used to taking an example, changing things, and experimenting.

If you can think of any intro text to add somewhere that encourages this more, please let me know. (maybe at the beginning of the chapter on templates? ... although I don't know if people would notice it)

Cheers,
- Graham