Re: 2.10 questions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.10 questions
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 14:45:53 -0800

Monk Panteleimon wrote:
The finger-crossing bezier thing happens with some files but not others. The ones it happens with aren't particularly short, so I need to know what it's responding to in order to reproduce it in a short file. Can I assume it has to do with the more specific error that comes right before?

I would not assume that it has anything to do with any specific error. As for long files, have you read section 4.5 Troubleshooting (taking it all apart) ? Commenting out huge portions of your file to track down the error may be tedious work, but somebody needs to do it! :)

If so, here goes:
In at least one case it has to do with a LyricExtender in a newly added lyrics context. (The top voice splits of and keeps his vowel while the others go one with more words):

warning: programming error: Spanner LyricExtender is not fully contained in parent spanner VerticalAxisGroup

Unfortunately this snippet (and the corrected one you sent later) doesn't compile on my machine. Please verify that you always send a fragment that can be compiled, otherwise it is much harder to help.

Cheers,
- Graham