Re: Complex piano score

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Complex piano score
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:01:32 -0600

On 12/4/06, Palmer, Ralph <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings -

This is not about a bug or a specific problem; rather, it's a request
for advice.

I'm running LilyPond 2.10 under WinXP SP2.

I'm transcribing a complex piano score with a lot of markup and one to
four voices. Each voice is silent for up to many measures at times. I
would like to be able to check the score measure by measure, as I
transcribe it.

It looks like there are multiple strategies for producing such a score.
Do any of you have a favorite strategy you'd be willing to share? I've
looked at the LilyPond examples and the User Manual, but nothing
appropriate jumps out at me.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Could you post a (small) scan of the representative part of the score?
Different score textures sometimes have different best practices for
input.

(There's a 64k attachment limit on the list, FYI, so adust the scan.)

--
Trevor Bača