Re: svg backend

From: Julian Peterson
Subject: Re: svg backend
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:28:16 -0500

Howdy. I sent this a few days ago, but haven't gotten a response. I have found several emails in the mailing lists reporting similar problems, but haven't found a solution. Is this an error with lilypond or with my understanding? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks...
JP

Julian Peterson wrote:
Hello.

I'm trying to use the svg backend of 2.8.8 but am getting the following error:
warning: can't decypher Pango description: Century Schoolbook

(this actually occurs many, many times, probably once for each instance of text). When I open the svg file with inkscape, I am presented with a single blank page (the input is a 6 page score). The manual states that it will dump a separate file for each page, but only one file is generated.

I've copied the OTF fonts to ~/.fonts as suggested by the manual. What else am I missing?

Thanks,
Julian Peterson