Spanbar problem when avoiding collision between barline and lyrics

From: maurits
Subject: Spanbar problem when avoiding collision between barline and lyrics
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:22:25 +0100

Hi all,

I had a question about the following:

I want to render the score of a choir piece of M. Praetorius and I want to do
that in the old fashion of only having barlines between the staves.
At the same time however I want to avoid the collision of Lyrics and those
barlines.

The score I want to create consists of four staves with the lyrics of each voice
placed directly under each staff.

I already figured out that by creating a normal StaffGroup and setting the
BarLine transparency to ##t I can get the barlines to appear between the staves
only. But when I follow the example on the web site on how to avoid the
collision between Lyrics and Barlines (by adding the Barline_engraver to the
Lyrics context and making the barlines transparent) something happens that I am
unable to correct.

It seems that, by adding the barline engraver to the Lyrics context an extra
event is generated that triggers the spanbar engraver to connect to the
tranparent Barline in the last Lyrics line. This obviously is invisible in the
other Lyric lines, but this results in a line drawn from the lowest staff line
to the baseline of the lowest lyrics line.

I tried a few things like making the spanbar transparent but this results in
loosing the barlines between staves alltogether.

My question: how to solve this in such a way that the span bar is drawn between
each staff but not to the lowest lyrics line while keeping the transparent bar
line to the Lyrics context (as to have the same kind of alignment in comparison
to the other lyric lines)?
Is it possible to prevent the span bar engraver connecting to the lowest lyrics
line?

Thanks in advance!

regards

Maurits Lamers