Re: Wikis [was: Re: Tutorial]

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Wikis [was: Re: Tutorial]
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:35:33 +0100

It's easy to start a new wiki, a new documentation, a new whatever, but
it's much harder to develop it on a long timescale.

As for me, I find wiki-based doc are a LOT easier for everyone to
contribute, improve, propose, translate, and -most off all- gain easy
and immediate access to every information they need. I've been
spending hours, literally, using Google's "site search" function to
look for some specific answers in Lily's current doc.
It seems that you don't use LilyPondTool. If you used it, you would have a full-text search of LilyPond doc. See the screenshot at http://www.organum.hu/87.0.html