help with multiple staves

From: Derek Kaye
Subject: help with multiple staves
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 04:41:23 +0000

hi there
I am having a large about of trouble with one of my pieces. This is piece with organ and choir.
There is about 2.5 pages worth of just organ before the choir come in, but I have no way of suppressing the choir lines for these pages, hence making what should be 2 pages actually 6 pages.
The closest thing that I imagined would work is shown below, based on how the brackets work in the music. (the organ pieces are split at the point where the choir come in)

\score
<<
    <<
        \new PianoStaff
        <<
            {
                \TrebOrganOne
            }
            {
                \BassOrganOne
            }

        {
            \PedalOne
        }

    <<
        \new ChoirStaff
        <<
            {
                \SopOne
                \AltoOne
                \TenorOne
                \BassOne
            }

        \new PianoStaff
        <<
            {
                \TrebOrganTwo
            }
            {
                \BassOrganTwo
            }

        {
            \PedalTwo
        }

how on earth do I make this so that the choir lines only show when needed!

Thanks for the help

Regards

Derek Kaye