Globally removing string number engraver

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Globally removing string number engraver
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:57:25 -0800 (PST)

Notice in the following example (which will run as-is) that I am explicitely
removing the string number engraver.  Yet, alas, the string numbers remain
on the staff portion.

How can I globally remove the string numbers from the standard notation
staff, and still reuse the same music on the Fretboards staff?  (without
having to modify the music itself).

I thought removing the string number engraver should do it.  Is there maybe
a transparent property for string numbers?

Thanks
Rick

\version "2.11.1"
\include "english.ly"

varFretBoardsCheatSheet = {
   s4
   \transpose c ef \relative { <e\5 a d g c> }
   \transpose c c \relative { <c\5 g' b e> }
}

\header {
        tagline = " "
}

\score {

   <<

   \new Staff \with {
        \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
   }
   {
        #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
        \key c \major
        \varFretBoardsCheatSheet
   }

   \new FretBoards { \transpose c c, {
        \varFretBoardsCheatSheet

   >>  % end music expression

   \layout {
         ragged-right = ##t
         ragged-last = ##t
         ragged-bottom = ##t
         ragged-last-bottom = ##t
         indent = 0.0\in
         \context { \Score
            \remove Bar_number_engraver
         }
         \context { \Staff
            \remove Clef_engraver
            \remove Time_signature_engraver
            \remove String_number_engraver
         }
         \context { \FretBoards
            \override FretBoard #'number-type = #'arabic
         }
   } % end layout

} % end score

\paper {