Re: Globally removing string number engraver

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Globally removing string number engraver
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 20:37:00 +0100

If you follow the link to "StringNumber" at the bottom of the page on "String number indications" in the manual, you will find out that "StringNumber objects are created by: New_fingering_engraver"
and if you keep clicking to find out in which context this engraver
lives by default, you'll find out that it's in the Voice context.
I think that's all information you need.

Don't ask me what the String_number_engraver does, though.

 /Mats

Quoting "Rick Hansen (aka RickH)" <address@hidden>:

Notice in the following example (which will run as-is) that I am explicitely
removing the string number engraver.  Yet, alas, the string numbers remain
on the staff portion.

How can I globally remove the string numbers from the standard notation
staff, and still reuse the same music on the Fretboards staff?  (without
having to modify the music itself).

I thought removing the string number engraver should do it.  Is there maybe
a transparent property for string numbers?

Thanks
Rick

EXAMPLE BEGIN

\version "2.11.1"
\include "english.ly"

varFretBoardsCheatSheet = {
  s4
  \transpose c ef \relative { <e\5 a d g c> }
  \transpose c c \relative { <c\5 g' b e> }
}

\header {
        tagline = " "
}

\score {

  <<

  \new Staff \with {
       \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
  }
  {
       #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
       \key c \major
       \varFretBoardsCheatSheet
  }

  \new FretBoards { \transpose c c, {
       \varFretBoardsCheatSheet

  >>  % end music expression

  \layout {
        ragged-right = ##t
        ragged-last = ##t
        ragged-bottom = ##t
        ragged-last-bottom = ##t
        indent = 0.0\in
        \context { \Score
           \remove Bar_number_engraver
        }
        \context { \Staff
           \remove Clef_engraver
           \remove Time_signature_engraver
           \remove String_number_engraver
        }
        \context { \FretBoards
           \override FretBoard #'number-type = #'arabic
        }
  } % end layout

} % end score

\paper {