Re: lilypond and editors

From: Frédéric Chiasson
Subject: Re: lilypond and editors
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:31:39 -0500

Hi everyone,

On the same subject, I would like to propose an improvement for the Lilypond editor on Mac OS (mine is 10.4). It would be really nice if we could point and click on an error message and the code creating the error would be highlighted. Or, an easier thing to program, a line and character counter in the editor would be great, since the error messages give the line number where the bug is. It would be a great improvement.

By the way, is there any editor having LilyPond tool other than jEdit?

Thanks,

Frédéric Chiasson

2006/12/7, Andreas v. Heydwolff < address@hidden>:
confrey wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I know some text editors have a support for lilypond; I'd like to know
> what's a fine editor for lilypond, and if it is possible to customize
> gedit (sintax highlighting and statement recognition adn completation).
> bye

> confrey

kate with colored syntax (downloadable somewhere), utf-encoding, command
line window for compiling, code snippet and session saving. "Rocks."

Andreas v.H.

(sorry for PM)