Re: OS X question about Apple's Preview

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: OS X question about Apple's Preview
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:35:22 +0100

On 7 dec 2006, at 22:11, Trevor Bača wrote:

On 12/7/06, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:

Christian was kind enough to provide a pointer an article that leads here.

1. go to http://vocaro.com/trevor/software/applescript/ (the
maintainer of the page is some other Trevor, not me)

2. scroll down and download the "Reload Preview Document" applescript

3. unzip the resulting applescript and put somewhere on the filesystem
such that PATH knows about the script

4. the usage is then

 osascript "Reload Preview Document.scpt" foo.pdf

Which is of course much more useful than that hack I just sent you! :-) It should be the default for previewing documents.

Arjan

---
Ankh-Morpork had dallied with many forms of government and had ended up with that form of democracy known as One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man; he had the Vote.

-- Discworld politics explained  (Terry Pratchett, Mort)