Re: misdetection of mftrace in 2.10.1

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: misdetection of mftrace in 2.10.1
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 12:36:24 +0100

Graham Percival escreveu:
> Klaus Zimmermann wrote:
>> Thanks to Daniels hint I constructed a patch, that essentially reverts
>> the relevant changes in configure to the 2.10.0 state.
>> I believe this to be relatively safe.
>> However it is very likely there was a reason for the change, so take it
>> with caution, but without warranty or promises.
>
>> P.S.: I think the devel list is a better place for further discussion,
>> so I will post there.
>
> Please do so; I'm sure they had a reason for the change.  At the very
> least, posting on the -devel list will get your fix included sooner.

The version checking is particularly fragile; this was a fix to make the
checking work with another package. We're once again reevaluating
SCons, but the latest versions seem to have some serious problems
that prevent us from switching.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com